Former Mayor O’Brien had proposed a tax freeze for the elderly and has invested in efforts to make our streets and neighborhoods safer.
- Replaced all street lights with LED bulbs saving 380k per year and lobbied the United Illuminating to pay the cost.
- Proposed a tax freeze for seniors.
- Passed tougher blight ordinances.
- Invested in stronger police & fire departments.
- Helped keep local property taxes in check by negotiating a rate increase in state aid.
- By all standards without a stable police department public safety is in jeopardy. I will work to retain our current officers and work towards a police department that new officers want to join and stay their entire career.
- Work with the Police leadership to insure that they have all the tools they need to keep West Haven safe.
- Work tirelessly to secure grant funds to provide our seniors with a much needed new senior center.
- Quality of life raises property values. I will restore festivals, concerts and cultural events that were recently eliminated.
- Partner with our higher educational institutions and business community whenever possible to improve the quality of life in our city.