When in office, Mayor O’Brien had implemented measures to increase transparency during the budgetary process, as well as proposing a tax freeze for West Haven’s elderly and expanding the Grand List.
- Helped a majority of West Haven homeowners see property-tax reductions.
- Proposed a tax freeze for seniors.
- Renegotiated health care cost saving 900k.
- Created greater transparency at City Hall.
- Expanded the Grand List.
- Continue expanding West Haven’s Grand List to help offset the tax burden on our residents.
- Work collaboratively with the MARB Board to improve West Haven’s fiscal outlook.
- Seek out every opportunity to increase revenues in an effort to reduce taxes.
- Lobby the State and Federal Government to obtain grant funds to make necessary infrastructure improvements and upgrades.
- Eliminate all unnecessary expenses and renegotiate all contracts whenever possible.