A father of two West Haven public school-educated children, Mayor O’Brien is keenly aware of the connection among a quality education, a robust economy and building a brighter future for our children. That’s why Ed spearheaded full-day Kindergarten for all West Haven students. Study after study shows this early start helps create a stronger educational foundation for our children.
- Upgraded school facilities.
- Established full-day Kindergarten.
- Protected and enhanced shop & vocational programs at the new high school.
- Negotiated an increase in state aid.
- School safety is paramount. I will insure that the school resource officers are returned to all schools.
- Make it that the Board of Ed have the tools needed to provide a first class education to all students.
- Continue to see to it that the Tech. Ed programs in the new High School remain.
- Place a high priority on building upgrades and maintenance.